There is an increasing demand for less invasive, less costly and less recovery for facial rejuvenation. We all want to look better, less tired and younger but most of us don’t want an invasive surgical face lift.
The use of antiwrinkle injections and dermal fillers can create similar effects to a face lift, in many people, but at a fraction of the price. And most people are back at work the same or next day.
There are so many dermal fillers on the market. They can be divided into 3 main categories:
- Temporary Fillers last 4-6 months and are made of hyaluronic acids. They are reversible. They cost between $440-$600 per 1 ml depending on the brand that you choose.
- Semi permanent fillers last 12-18 months and are made of calcium hydroxyapetite. They are not reversible. The cost is $600 per 1ml
- Permanent Fillers- last forever. The cost is $850 per 1ml.
Dermal fillers are volume replacers so that they fill up the depressions that cause shadows on the face. They are used for:
- Hollow cheeks
- Depression that run from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Marionette lines that make people look sad. (depression from mouth to the jawline)
- Tear troughs- these often create dark circles under the eyes making people look tired.
- Jowles- these can be “filled in” making the jawline look sharper and more youthful
- Fines lines- fine lines around the mouth and neck can be softened with dermal fillers
Antiwrinkle injections are muscle relaxants so they stop the face from creasing when your face moves. This is especially useful for negative expressions e.g. frown lines and drooping at the corners of the mouth.
Antiwrinkle injections make you look happier and more relaxed.
Antiwrinkle injections are also used for crow’s feet at the sides of the eyes (smile lines) and along the jawline to make your lower face look slimmer.
Neck bands can also be improved with antiwrinkle injections.
There are several brands and generics for antiwrinkle injections, which are made of essentially the same main ingredient. They mostly last about 4 months and cost about $9.90 per unit.
Add Final Touches
To make the skin look even better, you can add vitamin A creams and other skin care products to give the face that extra radiance.